Last Pass Premium has been my personal choice in password managers for over two years now. The premium license take care of a few requirements that are above and beyond what most users required yet remains user friendly enough for most users.
- Plug-ins for all major browsers
- Support for Ubuntu Linux and Mac OS X
- Support for iPhone, iPad, and Android devies
- No limit on the number of in use devices.
Watch this video to get started with last pass.
You can elect to use my referral link for a free month service https://lastpass.com/f?1127646
The three videos in this play list will give you a quick introduction into making use of Last Pass day to day.
Many of you will ask how secure is Last Pass. I’m glad you ask! Thinking about how secure something is means you are taking your personal security seriously. A better question to ask though is what are my risks with using this software. The risk is if someone can obtain our master password then all of your accounts would be compromised. That can happen if someone is able to observe or guess your master password.
- Reduce this risk by using a strong pass phrase to secure your account.
- Only access your last pass account from devices you can trust. A device you can trust is a device you own and control, with no other users..
- If you must access your last pass account from shared devices Do not save your master password on devices shared others, including friends family or co-works.
We can make a few small changes to make our information more secure. On your desktop double click the Last Pass icon and log then click on settings.
- First restrict login to only those countries in which you may travel frequently. This list can be changed at any time be sure visit this setting before traveling.
- The second thing we will change is requiring the entry of our master password before a password can be “shared”. This is a feature that is security sensitive. It can be a great feature for families allowing you to securely share passwords for financial sites with family members. It should not be used for enterprise credentials.
- We also want to enter a “security” email address which can be used to notify you of concerns with your account. A family member or work email is frequently used here.
- The last thing we should do is restrict login from mobile devices. After you have installed Last Pass on all of your devices, come to this screen to “restrict” and then enable each of your devices.
Lass Pass supports the use of two factor authentication selecting and enabling is beyond the scope of this article.
Dashlane 3 Premium is an alternative to LastPass, Dashlane is generally a less technical program and does not support the Linux operating system. The biggest pro for Dashlane over others is its simplicity there is no configuration required to use this software securely. The con for dashlane is that lack of advanced features
- No ability to restrict usage by contry
- No ability to restrict login to certain devices
- No ability to required two factor authentication such as smart token or sms message.
- Higher cost $30 per year compared to $12 for lastpass
To get started last pass for six months free use my referral link below
Watch this getting started video.
Ok many of you may know me for those that don’t. I will share that I am not the kind of person you would count as full of joy. I’ve been told if I am standing in a room my default mode is simply scary. Not that I am an unhappy person by any means if you are willing to risk approaching me you will find my appearance is misleading. My devotion today has me asking to I have joy to share.
Then Nehemiah the governor, Ezra the priest and teacher of the Law, and the Levites who were instructing the people said to them all, “This day is holy to the Lord your God. Do not mourn or weep.” For all the people had been weeping as they listened to the words of the Law. Nehemiah said, “Go and enjoy choice food and sweet drinks, and send some to those who have nothing prepared. This day is holy to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.” (Nehemiah 8:9, 10 NIV)
Nehemiah said something profound on hearing the law. He told the people that the very law that was condemning the nation was cause for joy. He realized that the condemnation was leading to salvation. He wanted everyone to share the joy. He wanted them to be joyous so much so his instructions were to share with those that we’re not prepared. Are there people in my life that are not prepared to enjoy our salvation? Have I prepared enough joy to provide them with plenty and not be lacking myself. I think this wise king was on to something this might just be the very heart of the Gospel.
I am Ryan Faircloth, this is my family by wife Brandy, son Wesley, and daughter Bree. Together the “Faircloths”. I’m the hacker, my wife the teacher, my daughter the creative, my son the concrete. Its a pretty good mix in our house which is great but not without its challenges. We are a blended family our history could not be more diverse. I was raised by a single mom as my parents divorced early in my life. My wife was raised by two awesome parents. Our children are our blessing through adoption they have been our children now for over three years, following about four years within the Florida system.
My wife Brandy is a wonderful wife and mom. She is a teacher presently sixth grade math. Leader in our church working with our women’s program and anywhere there is a need. She enjoys meeting new people and cooking, even helping others enjoy it themselves as a Pampered Chef Consultant.
The kids are simply amazing considering what they have been through we could not be more pleased. God has blessed our family! I could write much more about the family and I will over time in the blog.
I am a life long hacker I will explain that over time in the blog. For now what is important is to know hacker is neither good nor bad. It simply a style of problem solving, combined with a set of skills that can be adapted to the challenge at hand. Unfortunately human tendencies and dramatic flare present a negative image the the world at large.
I am also an athlete, triathlete to be more specific, not that I have always been. I acquired an interest in sports later in life than most, I once found my self weighing 290 pounds and determined a change was required in my life. Yes this was me three years ago.